May 25th the president of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky submitted for consideration of Verkhovna Rada projects of the bills of Ukraine “On foundations of national resistance”, “About changes in article 1 of the Law of Ukraine ”About armed forces of Ukraine strength” about expansion of armed forces of Ukraine in connection with enactment the bill of Ukraine “About foundations of national resistance”.
The bill #5557:
“The enactment of a bill of The law of Ukraine “On foundations of national resistance” will enable to solve the assignment about involvement the whole society to national security counter threats and dealing with aggression from another State, formulation the clear policy on the state level which focus on national resistance organization as integral part of comprehensive defend of state in Ukraine” – addressed in an explanatory note.
According to the bill components of national resistance are: territorial defence, resistance movement and training of Ukrainian citizens for national resistance.
Objectives of the bill #5557:
- Establishment the national resistance in Ukraine;
- promoting the widest possible involvement of the population in actions aimed at ensuring the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the state;
- definition territorial defense tasks, resistance movement and preparation of Ukrainian citizens for national resistance;
- establishing the order of organization, preparation and territorial defense and resistance movement conduct;
- standardization of state authorities and local governments powers on issues of national resistance;
- determination of national resistance financing source and material support and provision of the Territorial Defense Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine soldiers and volunteers social protection and persons performing the tasks of the resistance movement.
The bill #5558:
This bill proposes to increase the Ukrainian Armed Forces number by 11,000 soldiers for ensuring the functioning of a separate type of the Ukrainian Armed Forces – the Territorial Defense Forces, as well as further the resistance movement system development.
● Draft Law on Fundamentals of National Resistance: https://bit.ly/3vKVzwM
● Draft Law on Amendments to Article 1 of the Law of Ukraine “On the Number of the Armed Forces of Ukraine” to increase the number of the Ukrainian Armed Forces in connection with the adoption of the Law of Ukraine “On Fundamentals of National Resistance”: https://bit.ly/3yQgyjL