We are Ukrainians. We are those for whom national resistance is about generational continuity. Our struggle is moving to a professional level – an organised system of comprehensive struggle enshrined in the Military Security Strategy.
It should be implemented through the adoption of the draft law No. 5557 “On the basis of national resistance”. It will help to solve the problem of involvement the whole society in countering threats to national security and repelling aggression from another state, and development a clear policy at the state level aimed at organising national resistance in Ukraine as an integral part of the state’s comprehensive defence.
Components of the draft law 5557
The territorial defence will be a new fifth branch of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, after the land, air, naval and special operations forces. Each region should have its own brigade, and each district should have a territorial defence battalion. Volunteer units will be able to form at the level of territorial communities. Participants in territorial defence will be protected by law
The movement of resistance
The law regulates the issue of the resistance movement, which should act in the occupied territory, obstruct the actions of the aggressor’s troops, and participate in intelligence, information, psychological and other special operations. Members of the resistance movement will be able to obtain the status of combatants, and get social and legal protection same as military personnel
Preparing Ukrainian citizens for national resistance
The basis of training, regardless of gender, will be general military training, i.e. the knowledge and practical skills necessary for the defence of Ukraine
The Ukrainian dissident movement, the OUN underground network, and the partisan units of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army. The uprisings in Kengir, Norilsk and Vorkuta, the resistance of Ukrainian students in October 1990, For more than 70 years, thanks to national resistance, we have been fighting for the freedom, which we are now defending with arms. For almost 30 years of independence, the national resistance of Ukrainians has radically changed the vector of development of the Ukrainian state at least twice.
- formation of national resistance in Ukraine;
- promoting the widest possible involvement of society in actions for ensuring the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the state;
- defining the tasks of territorial defence, the resistance movement and preparing Ukrainian citizens for national resistance;
- establishing the procedure for organising, preparing and conducting territorial defence and the resistance movement;
- regulation of the powers of state authorities and local self-government bodies on national resistance;
- determining the principles of financing and material support of the national resistance, and ensuring social protection of military personnel and volunteers of the Territorial Defence Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and persons performing tasks of the resistance movement